Haitian Resource Development Foundation
Copyright © 2000 K Websites.
In the News...
- Follow up on the Beekeepers project (see below) and field observation
- Pictures of microscopic pollen developped so far during the beekeeping
- Participation in the Francophone Bar Association Meeting in Louisiana.
- Athletic of Haiti
- Improvement of the Sports Complex
- Training of a group of Haitian beekeepers
- Micro-Business Training of
Youth in Electro-Mechanics and Construction in Croix Des Bouquets, Cap Haitien
- Doctor Pierre Richard Edouard's research
on education and prevention of HIV among teens in rural Haiti.
- Provided medical care and family planning to the under-priviledged individuals
residing in Haiti.
- Researched projects in conjunction with the University of Copenhagen
in Denmark on Classification of Mucocutaneous manifestations in children
and adults with AIDS~IV infection in four different cohorts in Denmark,
Thailand, Haiti and Brazil.
- A comparative analysis: calorific content of Haitian wood charcoal with
other sources of fuel-substitution of wood charcoal development of cooking
fuel by conversion of cellulose products in conjunction with the University
of Louisiana at Lafayette (U L Laf).
- Sponsorship of a graduate student of Mass Communications at Southern
University A & M to travel to Haiti and research "A Descriptive Analysis
of the Haitian Radio Broadcasting System during the Post-Devalier Era."
- Establishment of the "Sister City" program between Haiti and Louisiana.
Signing agreements between the cities of Aquin and New Iberia. Pending agreements
between News Orleans and Cap-Haitian.
- Improved the rural road from the town of Aquin to the village of Brodequin,
in order to prepare a way for future developments of tourism industry and
of a historical preservation.
- The rehabilitation of the "Source Barierre" which supplies drinking water
to the city of Aquin.
- Built a community center in Aquin which includes a soccer field, tennis,
basketball and volleyball courts.
- Established a nursery in the third rural section of aquin and started
a program of reforestation of the area.Research conducted in the Aquin region
resulted in the pubication of "The Haitian Farm Service Cooperative: An
Approach to Agricultural Development for the H.R.D.F"
- The Foundation, in partnership with Arts International and the Contemporary
Arts of New Orleans, supported the publication of a book on Traditional
Sequin Arts of Haiti. This project was sponsored by a grant from the Lila
- Sponsored Haitian Pavilion at the Jazz Festival in New Orleans.
- Sponsored Haitian Art Gallery at Festival International de Louisiane
- Participated in numerous conferences:
- The University of Denmark on AIDS/HIV infection.
- The International Annual Conference on AIDS in Florence, Italy, the 1994
Annual Convention and Scientific Assembly.
- The 1989 National Medical Association in Orlando, Florida.