Sponsorship for Continuing Medical Education (CME) and Continuing Professional Development (CPD) in the United States.
August 13, 2011
Recently, an international non-profit organization based in Florida, called The Society Worldwide Medical Exchange (SWME), approached HRDF to help reach out to Haitian Physicians who might benefit from their program of Continuing Medical Education (CME) and Continuing Professional Development (CPD) abroad.
In particular, there are two events next years of value in the United States as followed:
American Diabetes Association (ADA) 72nd Scientific Sessions Philadelphia, Pennsylvania June 8-12, 2012 www.diabetes.org
Infectious Diseases Society of America (IDSA) ID Week 2012 San Diego, California October 17-21, 2012 www.idweek.org
Interested Haitian Physicians can request SWME to sponsor them to these major conferences. As explained in the SWME website, the sponsorship covers the entire cost of the doctors’ participation, though they do not incur any collateral expenses. Doctors are selected by the SWME advisory board based on merit and local humanitarian involvement.
When you visit the organization website, you will see that the application process is straightforward
- Physicians working in a humanitarian capacity, delivering accessible, high quality medical care in underserved, disadvantaged and/or rural communities
- Limited access to medical activities abroad due to financial hardship
- Physician must currently practice in the therapeutic area of the conference they wish to attend.
- – Applicants working in a public health setting
- – Community leadership
- – Advocacy work
For further questions, please contact:
- SHAVALA MAGRI, International Project Manager
- 1666 Kennedy Causeway, Suite 702
- North Bay Village, Florida 33141
- Telephone: 1-305-407–9222, 1-305-407–9222
- FAX: 1-305-433-7128
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Website: www.worldwidemedicalexchange.org
I encourage you to make the most of this new opportunity. Please, contact me if I can be of assistance.
Aldy Castor MD, President Haitian Resource Development Foundation (HRDF)